This morning, we are all still a little sleepy and recovering from a wonderful birthday party last night at Oma and PaPa’s house… so it was the perfect time for an indulgent sugary breakfast to get the house hoppin’! Enter brown sugar and banana pancakes.All you need is:
- Pancake batter of choice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon for pancake batter (for 15 3″ pancakes)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 bananas cut into 1/2″ rounds
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
Prepare pancakes as you usually do with the addition of the brown sugar and cinnamon. Keep warm on a plate in the oven while preparing banana topping.
- Coat bananas with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Warm butter in the same pan you made the pancakes in and add bananas.
- Cook for one minute without touching, add pinch of salt and turn them over.
- Cook one minute more and you’re done! The tasty results are warmed bananas with a slightly crunchy glaze that is so good you really don’t need syrup. If you overcook them, the texture gets a little funny but still edible.
Happy Sunday Everyone!