I’ve been looking through all of the plastic containers that I have stacked up in the craft room and realized that I really need to use them! The straight sides of of my Talenti Gelato containers were perfect for this quick back-to-school project, so I hope you enjoy my quick tutorial.
- Gather together your supplies. I used: two straight-sided plastic jars, acrylic paint, crayons and Weldbond glue. I’ll talk about cost at the end.
- Paint your containers and let dry. Since you will only see the tops of the jars I used, a second coat of paint was applied there.
- Using a glue that I know will work on both painted plastic and paper, I glued three crayons onto the container at a time. Make sure the crayons are staying put before applying the next ones as they can shift quite a bit.
- 33 crayons and 20 minutes later I was done! Repeat process for additional containers. To ensure minimal glue drippage, I let the containers dry right side up for 10 minutes and then upside down for an hour. Weldbond dries quickly and clearly thankfully!
- Pop your pencils, paint brushes markers, scissors, etc. in the containers and you’re set with colorful accessories for a desk, child’s fun time or your own creative area.